Friday, November 9, 2007

In A Perfect World

In a perfect world, our differences would be eliminated
In a perfect world would come true all that I’ve supplicated
In a perfect world I’d be able to look in your eyes again
Knowing that I could never lose them.
In a perfect world, our similarities would always rise to the surface
Only letting us focus on the qualities that are best.
In a perfect world you’d be the carrier of my beautiful 5
All 6 of you keeping my spirits high
And with all of them, you’d never stand alone in the mirror,
I’d be right beside you, next to you, your favorite admirer.
In a perfect world I’d tell you all I had to say
And you’d know what was in me everyday.
In a perfect world I wouldn’t be writing but I’d be saying this
Letting these words flow like water off mine to your lips.
There’d be no reaction from the conclusion of a dream,
No resonating pain from being snatched down when I was floating.
In a perfect world right now I’d be only laughing and smiling
Instead of being solo, only sitting and writing.
In a perfect world…is there such a thing
Or is it only some kind of fantasy?
If it exists is it for life or just fleeting,
A short living kind of being?
Maybe for only two months it breathes
Then with a struggle and a fight it leaves.
A perfect world that begins on a late summer night
And ends when a future may be in sight
In an early autumn evening…
All things are not perfect, this is true
And with all discussed I understand you,
Know why the decision that is was made
Still, it’s hard for me to just let the day fade
I know that some starts have to sometimes end,
But I also know that some things begin again.
Time will tell what’ll happen when it’s all said and done
But in a perfect world, you and I would become one.

No comments: